Monday, March 21, 2011

Self-referential greeting message

I wanted to begin my blog with a greeting message but I hesitated. I thought I would give my readers a little more credit. I decided I would earn my reader's interest with some reviews before I flat-out talk to them about why I decided writing a movie review blog. I mean, otherwise, it's like "Who are you, and why are you telling me that you are writing a movie review blog when I don't even know who you are?" I respect potential readers enough to simply show them the product instead of announcing its arrival as if I earned their attention in the first place.

I hypothesize that I now have about 5 readers because I posted some reviews on this blog, and via Facebook, Tumblr and word-of-mouth, I received some positive feedback. So to you, the reader, I welcome you to what will hopefully be a consistently entertaining column on films about which I have something to say. In the age of the internet, amid a global culture in which anonymity drowns out new voices, I sincerely thank you for your time.

New reviews will not necessarily be of new films. I'm not a professional film critic, writing for a professional newspaper, so I feel no urge to be topical. I accept requests, and even demands, for particular films to be reviewed. But for the most part, films will appear to be selected at random.

No comments:

Post a Comment